If you’ve been reading the blog, you’ll easily see that I’ve been whining quite a lot about how I’m super busy and how hectic my schedule is. I mean if you go to each of my previous posts for the past few days and weeks you could easily notice that I always open the articles with the “I’m so busy lately” kind of line, lols.
Anyways sometime last year I wrote a post called “I wish there’s more than 24 hours in one day” and I got some interesting feedback about it. Now in this post I’d like to go a bit offtopic again by tackling the 5 different things that I always strive for before each day ends. The list starts now (in no particular order).
- My work tasks – Obviously I need to accomplish all my tasks for my day job for the particular day. I usually set out goals in every working day to make sure I’m being efficient and helpful to the company. For instance if my task is to find review sites, I usually set out a goal for myself (i.e. 100 review sites a day).
- Read all emails – I have a whole bunch of email accounts for different properties and to be honest I have been receiving a lot per day. In just my recent post I talked about my difficulties with responding to emails. But even with that I make sure that I read each and every emails on all my accounts before the day ends.
- Do all blog-related micro tasks – This includes moderating comments, spam comments, seeing if theres a new advertiser, retweet articles, manage my facebook blog fan page and so on. This usually happens at the latter part of the day.
- Post blog entries – If you know me, I usually write my posts for one week in one sitting, usually every mondays or saturdays. With that, I usually just set them as drafts and then the task becomes publishing those posts as the days go by. And making sure it’s error-free (although all of my posts have errors!)
- Do my responsibilities at home – I pretty much arrive late at night so my task upon arriving is to ensure everything in home/house is fine. Just the simple things like making sure everyone took their dinner, my little brother has made his homework, my mom is well-rested and the doors are locked and secure for the day.
Those are the 5 different things that I aim to accomplish and complete everyday. It’s a bit daunting but it has become a part of my daily routine that it’s normal now for me. How about you?