Hello and welcome to my blog, MelvinBlog.com. I started this blog in 2008 mainly as a place where I can chronicle my journey in the internet marketing, blogging and making money online world. The blog is a reflection of who I am today through its fair share of ups and downs.
Who exactly is the person behind this blog? That person is me Melvin Dichoso and in his mid 20’s. I have been in the online marketing space for quite a while now and this blog is a representation of that. I am proud to have done a lot of different things from monetizing websites, flipping blogs, affiliate marketing, running email newsletter, doing SEO, running pay-per-click campaigns, social media and more.
To ensure that I don’t appear to you as a bot or non-human, here are some obligatory pictures of myself:
I wanted to write about myself more but for the meantime here’s what keeps me busy on a daily basis.
- I’m employed as the Social Media Manager of a company called SplitmediaLabs so it’s my 9-5 job.
- I own several content-based web properties (aka blogs) for the purposes of building an audience around them to be monetized later on
- I do some SEO and basic online marketing consulting for friends.
- I do photography for friends and charge them NOTHING because they probably won’t pay me anyway.
You probably think I’m busier than that but not really. When I’m not doing any of those, I love to:
- Watch and read A LOT about basketball (I’m a basketball junkie in case you don’t know)
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Cook food for myself, sometimes my family because I’m a chef wannabe
- Travel to different places
- Hone my photography skills through constant learning and practicing
- Listen to music through my headphones (aka headphone junkie)
- Plan my day, my week and month as if everything goes as planned.
- Read books about spirituality
MelvinBlog was my flagship blog and it still is but things have changed quite a bit in the past few years. I used to write topics mainly about online marketing and blogging but now the blog has become more of a personal diary where I’m more laid back when writing.
So if you like to explore around more, I would happily recommend you to my best posts to start. Apart from that, I have a couple of free useful guides in eBook format that you can check out and lastly, I run an email newsletter which I would be really happy if you get in.
That’s it for now. Welcome to MelvinBlog and I hope you enjoy your stay! 🙂