In this competitive world ,everyone wants to promote his site. People use various methods for the cause. But the best way is paid advertising. Although advertising blindly may result in nothing but loss of money. So here are some tips which every advertiser should follow before advertising on any blog/site
- Create a Good Banner :- This is a point which most of the advertisers miss out .But having a good banner is equally essential as choosing a good place to advertise. Having an attractive banner results in more visits to your site/product.P.S If you are not good in designing then you can get your banners designed at Digital Point Forums at cheap rates.
- Keep Up with your niche :- The point becomes quite clear from its heading itself.Advertise on sites related to your product/site. e.g advertising on a blog writing about WebDesign having a Unique Visitors of 100 daily will give you better results than a site about gardening and getting 1000′s of Unique Visits daily.
- Get the Stats :- Before advertising contact the owner or the admin of that site.Ask the site statistics like Monthly Visitors , Page Views etc. Dont simply trust the written stats ,ask for screenshots for stats and if possible ask for public stats URL (in case of sitemeter and some other statistic service which support it ) to test it yourself as screenshots can be faked.
- Not just the Visits :- While checking the stats, just not ask for number of visitors ,bounce rate and average time spent by a visitor. Average time is very important as the visits may be of low quality.Dont forget to check the alexa rank,incoming links, yahoo domain links.Use plugins like SEO Quake or Search Status to get important informations about the sites.
- Position of Ad :- Ensure that your ad is on a good position.Header ads perform better than sidebar and footer ads in most cases.
- Posting Frequency – Make sure you see if the blog you are advertising on has a high of posting frequency. More posts will result in more visitors automatically.
- Go for trials :- If you are not yet sure about a site/blog’s performance then go for a paid trial ad.You can get it for 1 or 2 days and can pay the site owner a small amount of fee for it.If you are satisfied with the amount of visits you get , then you can go and buy ad for long term.Better lose 10$ then 300$