A lot of people here reading my blog probably know (like what I always said) that I am a guy who’s so much into basketball. Although I haven’t played it for about 6 months now, due to busy school scheds and some appointments, I always keep myself conditioned to it. I’m not just a player, I’m also an analyst by nature. That’s why their is a triviality of basketball blog!
Going back to me, I was never a star in basketball. It has been my disappointment since high school. I was just like always a part of the support crew that comes off the bench and relieves starters. People close to me always say that I have the potential and if and ifs blah blah… I really have, I stand close to 6’ft and it seems I fit into that sports so much. Here are why they (and I) think I can be a great one someday:
1. Long range dexterity – When I was in highschool early part, everything I know is shooting the ball. I have deadly hands from long range and medium range. Problem is that’s the only thing I know that time. I can’t defend, can’t drive/slash, can’t use my height and etc. Now, I have become more balanced. But my shooting is still one thing thats always noticeable. 😉
2. Great Leap – Being I am close to 6 ft and I am really lean, I was also blessed to have this nice leap! And the thing is I have improved it with the Air Alert training program that was done by a lot of amateur and professional players (not just in basketball). Can I dunk? You judge!
3. Smart! – When I was in college, people who were smaller and nonathletic than me always make me feel stupid. That’s it, they play smart, they don’t have the talent but they get in your head~ They always compensates for something that they’re not blessed with. Then they shared me their tips!
4. Reliable – There aren’t many players out there who have a fresh fully functioning legs! I have never been injured and my legs have never been battered or whatsover. Although I haven;t really played much ball these days, the fact that I always give my 190% into the game and me not getting bruised is something to look at! Would you rather have LeBron James for 3 years or Paul Pierce for 10 years? 😉
5. No Attitude Problem – Boy, I am a very good boy! And people can testify to it!
So thats it. Looking at it, it can be said that I am indeed a superstar status but why not? Those are great gifts and talents that I have but some things really overshadowed those. Like my physique, I am merely over 50 kg, has a weak lungs, poor conditioning, weak upper body, bad timing, inconsistent game and really a lot. Add that I developed astigmatism these days and I have had also my blood sugar increasing!
So you think I can still be a basketball star?